28.8.13

Opposites

I've been (more than usual) rather interested in wearing opposite styles: sportswear and girly, timeless with an edge, wearable luxury... I saw a gorgeous golden Herve Leger dress on the Outnet, which inspired me to make create a couple possibilities with this crazy sexy brand.

The left one is inspired on the contrast of shapes: a structured Rebecca Taylor jacket (which I NEED) and a super-body conscious, strapless dress with a sweetheart neckline and extra volume at the bottom. Oh, and I love the drop earrings with naked shoulders combo! 
The second one is based on the idea of opposing colours. The orange with the cream is a modern version of red, which would also look amazing with the dress and sweater (red Roger Vivier stilettos and a burgundy satin clutch, anyone?). The soft, oversized cardigan and sportswear-reminiscent cuff balance out the night time look of this outfit.
I'm really just extremely into pairing down classic, formal items with Superga sneakers, denim vests, oversized scarves (it's summer but I don't care), and worn in jeans. If I had an unlimited budget, I'd totally wear these outfits to my weekend brunches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment