9.3.14

recent beauty purchases

After coming upon an article on Buzzfeed about french drugstore products (here), I made a run to my local Shoppers Drug Mart in search of new items. Plenty of products caught my eye but I decided to test out these two first: Nuxe Ultra Nourishing Lip Balm and La Roche-Posay Lightweight Lotion with SPF 30




The Nuxe lip balm does have a goopy texture like the Buzzfeed article mentioned, but definitely not as bad as putting Vaseline on my lips. I was quite surprised by the result 20 minutes after application. There was an noticeable improvement on my chapped lips. I'm a loyal Burt's Bees lip balm user, but this product is definitely worth a try.



The La Roche-Posay sunscreen is a super thin and doesn't dry out my skin unlike the Dior or Chanel ones I've tried. The smell is alright- not great (very typical sunscreen scent), but also not very strong. 

Another item from the website is the Avene Clearance cleanser, which I'd say is definitely effective for oily skin. I tested it once on my dry-combination skin, and it dried out my skin like crazy.

My boyfriend fixed the memory card on his camera, so expect higher quality photos in the near future :)

No comments:

Post a Comment